ENDEAVOUR HILLS STAR JOURNAL
Home » Precinct budget boost

Precinct budget boost

A TOTAL of $50,000 has been assigned to the Endeavour Hills precinct in the 2015-16 State Budget which is due to be handed down on Tuesday 5 May.
The funding, a pre-election promise from Labor, is expected to go towards the design of the town square and kiosk and is part of the broader renovation of the Endeavour Hills civic precinct which will also see the YMCA, the library, shopping centre and skate park upgraded.
“The Endeavour Hills Community Precinct will be a more vibrant, inclusive and inviting space for the community to enjoy,” Local Government Minister Natalie Hutchins said.
Narre Warren North MP Luke Donnellan said the Endeavour Hills project would “breathe new life” into the precinct through “growing economic activity.”
Four Oaks councillor Rafel Kaplon has previously said the more “visionary aspects” of the project could take 10 or more years to build, while the initial phase is predicted to cost up to $3 million.

Digital Editions


More News

  • End is nigh for Hallam Rd tip

    End is nigh for Hallam Rd tip

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 348748 The controversial Hallam Road landfill in Hampton Park will reportedly be closed to municipal waste as soon as 30 June 2027 – but…

  • ‘Un-Australian’: Community leaders condemn ‘no good Muslims’ speech

    ‘Un-Australian’: Community leaders condemn ‘no good Muslims’ speech

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 362841 South East leaders have condemned recent public remarks by One Nation leader Pauline Hanson, suggesting there are “no good Muslims.” “Such statements are…

  • MotoGP to leave Phillip Island, last race this year

    MotoGP to leave Phillip Island, last race this year

    After almost three decades, there will no longer be a great procession of motorcycles and cars heading south every October, as the MotoGP will move from Phillip Island after this…

  • Man hospitalised after carpark stabbing

    Man hospitalised after carpark stabbing

    A 20-year-old man was left fighting for life after being allegedly stabbed by an unknown group of males in a Noble Park carpark. Greater Dandenong CIU detectives are investigating the…

  • Animal shelters offer $50 to boost cat adoption

    Animal shelters offer $50 to boost cat adoption

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 220850 Animal shelters have joined forces to combat decreased adoption rates ahead of an already “demanding” cat and kitten season. The state-wide, ‘Mission Adoptable’,…